Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More random wines on Special offer from O'Briens

After returning from Hols, I decided to partake of one of my favourite wine pastimes, which is going to O'Briens in the Beacon and randomly picking three reds on special. I have done this many times and the results are generally good. From let to right they are...

Gerard Bertrand Pic Saint Loup Coteaux du Languedoc 2008 (€9-99 reduced from €14-45). No idea what grapes are in this but I like the look of it.

Ramos Tons de Duorum 2008 (€9-99 reduced from €12-99). From the acclaimed winemaker Jose Maria Soares Franco, apparently. We drank this on Sunday and it was OK. Drinkable but not memorable in any way. I didn't really have my blogging hat on, I apologise.

La Piuma Montepulciano D'Abruzzo (€7-99 reduced from €9-99). Hmmm, this could be a bit "cheap and cheerful". We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing how the Pic Saint Loup gets on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone didn't see the full review of the Pic Saint Loup it's here:

    http://willieswineblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/results-of-obriens-jury.html

    And it's smashing..

    Willie

    ReplyDelete