Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two cheap Italians

The title does not refer to the people, although I once witnessed four Italian girls sup one glass of Guinness for the entire evening, but to two cheap and cheeky Italian reds I just picked up in Tesco, Dundrum, and they are...

Dino Sangiovese Di Romanga 2008 - €5-99. Reduced, I think from €10-99, I have been seeing this quite a lot of late on offer and have finally taken the plunge. Could be a stinker but worth a punt at this price.

Ogio Primitivo 2008 - €5-99. I have had this a couple of times before and it is very good value at this price, although this is one of those discounts I'm dubious of, as I have never seen it at full price.

Lastly, we drank the Villa Novare Valpolicella Ripasso 2006 - Reduced from €18-45 to €12-95, which I had gotten over the weekend in O'Briens. Disappointed, we were. This was medium bodied, drinkable but the flavour was overly light and a bit washed out. Basically there was not a lot going on in this wine and at a nominal price of €18-45 for a Ripasso, I would have expected much, much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment