Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Saturdays

The Fabtastic Four are coming over for our roughly bi-annual get together and I have another excuse to try and justify my wine buying habits, i.e. the purchase of decent wine, cheaply. This is especially important when entertaining. As a host, it is incumbent on you to provide enough wine and consistent wine. It's not clever to get lots of different reds and end up serving different wines to the same person within the same course - whatever your wine choice, your guests should have a consistent experience.

With six for dinner I bought 5 bottles, I would normally recommend having one bottle per person just in case but the Hildog doesn't partake. The red I got was this, I know I keep banging on about it but try it and see. I will decant for at least two hours pre-game. The white is a Tingleup Riesling 2008, also from Tesco, which I am hoping will please B.


No comments:

Post a Comment