Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tesco Nero D'Avola 2007


This (at right in picture) is wine one (of three) Tesco branded reds I picked up in the Merrion Centre on Saturday.

Name: Tesco Nero D'Avola
Year: 2007
Price: €8-69
Notes: I was a little disappointed in this. I've had a few Nero D'Avolas in my time and they are generally biggish wines with lots of bitter cherries and body. This, however, was a little thin and and weak. There was some dark fruit and a little cherry spice in the mouth but not much body and little in the way of a finish. It's perfectly drinkable and competitively priced but I don't think I'll be buying it again.
Rating: 5/10

Next: A steak tonight and,  I think the Barbera with it. Review to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Just bought this this evening and thinking of taking it back to the store after one glass.
    Awful. 3/10

    ReplyDelete