Saturday, March 14, 2009

Les Maulins Bales Sancerre


This is a bottle I've had for a couple of years, have always assumed it would be nice, based on the label alone, which looks classy.

Name: Les Maulins Bales Sancerre
Year: 2006
Price: ?? ( I suspect €16+)
Notes: Its been a while since I've had a Sauvignon Blanc that wasn't from the new world, and I had got it into my head that this would be fuller, softer than its new world cousins. As it turned out the wine was a little disappointing, a little thin. The classic citrus notes were present, but on the whole I wouldn't buy this wine if I could find a decent NZ* version around the same price.
Rating: 5/10

*Had the famous Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc for the first time recently, it's all true. However, would I pay €30 for it? Nope. But I'd happily drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment